PG&E may do Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS) this week. Here is what students should do if you lose power.
Online classes will continue as scheduled, as long as your instructor has power, but you should have a plan for how to reach your instructor if you lose power. Your instructor will make arrangements for you to make up assignments or other requirements once power is restored.
In the event of a power shutdown on a campus, face-to-face classes will be canceled. The District will notify students of any campus closures.
What to Do in Advance of a PSPS
- Make sure your professor has your cell phone number.
- Make sure your Canvas notifications are set to “daily” and announcements to “immediately.”
- Charge your phone and devices in advance.
What to Do if You Lose Power
- Email or text your instructor to let them know.
- Check in with your classmates and friends to make sure they are okay.
Above all, please take care of yourself and others who are experiencing hardships due to a power shutoff.
Monitor updates at emergency.smccd.info.